BIG smart cities, super-charged by Vodafone Power Lab and Ericsson, is an international competition to create innovative startups based on technologies for smart cities that improve the citizens' experience. ￼Start your idea, Pitch to investors and Launch your business in Vodafone Power Lab with mentoring, BIG prize money and a trip to one of Ericsson's innovation centers in Europe.
Lab Accelaration Program
2 April: BIG smart cities Launch Day
2 April - 4 May: Open call for applications
14 April - 28 April: Four events across the country to present insights from opportunity areas with worskhops and mentoring for the participants
The winners of the four events will automatically become BIG finalists
- Big City Challenge @ Porto
- Big City Challenge @ Coimbra
- Big City Challenge @ Évora
- Big City Challenge @Lisboa
- Application deadline
The selection process will take place from 5 to 16 May.
Six evaluation criteria will be present:
2. Quality of the idea
3. Value & Use of the BIG idea to the city
4. Business model
6. Vodafone New Generation Network
[see more in the section HOW]
- Jury evaluation
06 May - 11 May
12 May - 13 May
- Announcement of 20 selected
7 weeks acceleration program with a group of mentors including:
1) Three sessions dedicated to workshops, experience sharing from other entrepreneurs and BIG alumni and office hours.
2) BIG Bootcamp, a two-day intensive program destined to finalize the development of pitches and demos for the BIG final.
- Kick Off
- Big Workshops day#1
- BIG Workshops day #2
- BIG Bootcamp
01 Jul - 02 Jul
5th July. An event open to public where the finalists present their pitches, which are followed by a Q&A session, BIG Expo and an award ceremony.
The winning team gets automatically included in the acceleration and incubation program supported by Vodafone Power Lab.